Here’s a 7 household tips that can make life just a little easier:
1. Sealed envelope – Put in the freezer for a few hours, then slide a knife under the flap. The envelope can then be resealed. 2. Use empty toilet paper roll to store appliance cords. It keeps them neat and you can write on the roll what appliance it belongs to.
3. For icy doorsteps in freezing temperatures: get warm water and put Dawn dish washing liquid in it. Pour it all over the steps. They won’t refreeze.
4. Crayon marks on walls? This worked wonderfully! A damp rag dipped in baking soda. Comes off with little effort (elbow grease that is)!
5. Lavender oil is one of the most useful oils in therapeutic terms, being sedative, antiseptic, painkilling and calming.
6. The California Poppy treats insomnia, nervous tension and anxiety. It also relieves menstrual cramps and pain.
7. Next time you get fresh flowers instead of throwing them out, make compost. Using plant material in your compost pile produces rich fertilizer for garden plants and doesn’t attract scavengers the way food scraps can.
Order your flowers at Eden Florist in South Florida, serving Broward and North Dade Counties.