Virgo ~ August 23 – September 23
With a penchant for detail, Virgos are often known for their meticulous and diligent personalities. The modest and sometimes shy Virgo, is wise and witty, with a keen sense of what makes others tick. Virgos love to plan and are organized perfectionists.
Virgo’s colors are light blue, navy and white and their birthstone is the sapphire.
Virgos love romantic flowers of pinks and creamy whites.
Blue is Virgo’s favorite color and a bouquet of delphinium or blue hydrangea will appeal to this Earth sign’s heart. Include daisies and asters and you’ll be a hit with the down to earth, reserved Virgo.
Order flowers for your favorite Virgo from Eden Florist.
Spring makes the world a happy place
You see a smile on every face.
Flowers come out and birds arrive,
Oh, isn’t it grand to be alive?
Spring is one of the four seasons of temperate zones. Astronomically, it begins with the spring equinox (begins today – March 20 in the Northern Hemisphere, and around September 23 in the Southern Hemisphere), and ends with the summer solstice (around June 21 in the Northern Hemisphere and December 21 in the Southern Hemisphere). In meteorology, it is by convention instead counted as the whole months of March, April, and May in the Northern Hemisphere and September, October, and November in the Southern Hemisphere. However, in the Irish Calendar it is counted as the whole months of February, March and April.
The sunshine gleams so bright and warm,
The sky is blue and clear.
I run outdoors without a coat,
And spring is almost here.
Then before I know it,
Small clouds have blown together,
Till the sun just can’t get through them,
And again, it’s mitten weather.
April is a rainbow month,
Of sudden springtime showers.
Bright with golden daffodils
and lots of pretty flowers.
Click here to download our Easter Coloring Book
Click here to Order FLOWERS
If you are interested in taking your date out to his or her favorite restaurant or you wanted to rent one of his or her favorite movies, you need to know what those are. During one of your dates, give your “date” a sheet of paper and a pen. Call out 10 or 20 categories for each of you to list your top 3-5 favorites. Suggestions would be restaurants, movies, musical artists, meals, television shows, books, and so one.
Be sure to list categories that would have relevance to your relationship – for example if you knew one of their favorite musical groups was coming to town, you could purchase tickets for an upcoming date.vAfter you finish your lists, compare notes and see if you have any favorites in common. Write down your sweetheart’s answers so you can have plenty of ideas for future dates and gifts.
Be sure to bring flowers to her (or him) when you pick them up for these special dates.
Buy flowers at Eden Florist in South Florida anytime!
Wondering where all the pretty spring flowers come from? Most of them come from the Dutch Flower Auctions and are shipped all over the world. Here’s a little bit about the Dutch Flower Auctions:
The Dutch cut flower auctions form the distribution base for flowers and plants throughout the world. Their magnitude appeals to one’s imagination. The auctions have even become a major tourist attraction in Holland.
There is an endless stream of figures and facts designed to capture the magnitude of auctions. Here are interesting factual tidbits regarding the Dutch cut flower auctions in the world:
- According to the Guinness Book of Records, the auction in Aalsmeer, the Netherlands is the largest commercial building in the world, comprising one million square meters. For that matter, the total floor space of the Flora Holland outlets equals 1,500,000 square meters or 16,145,865 square feet.
- The Dutch auction at Naaldwijk has the largest floral cooling space in the world, measuring 43,000 square meters or 462,848 square feet – larger than 10 soccer fields combined.
- Over three-quarters of flowers and plants supplied to Dutch auctions are exported.
- The auction clock was invented in Holland in 1902. The auction takes place by counting down from highest price to lowest price. The buyer stops the clock by pressing a button. If he is the first to press his button, he then purchases the flowers or plants being auctioned.
- The auction in Aalsmeer draws more than 100,000 visitors annually.
- At the auctions, the price of cut flowers is always a per stem price.
- In 2006, Dutch auctions had combined sales of 3,975,400,000 euro – of which 2,500,400,000 euro for cut flowers.
- Most Dutch cut flowers are exported to Germany, followed by the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Belgium.
- At Dutch auctions, the most popular cut flowers sold are roses, chrysanthemums and tulips (in that order).
- The export of cut flowers to Russia is the fastest growing (up 26% in 2006) export market for Dutch grown cut flowers.
- Each year, the Dutch ornamental flower sector develops between 1,200 and 1,500 new flowers and plants.
- Not all sales take place by the auction clock. The auctions also act as intermediary brokers between flower growers and buyers, without using the clock. This service started in 1972, and now makes up around one-fourth of total sales.
- Dutch flower auctions use 12 million flower buckets and 800,000 flower boxes annually to get its flowers safely from the grower to the wholesaler.
- Some 12,300 companies are involved in making deliveries to the Dutch auctions.
So next time you order spring flowers from your local florist, you have a little more insight into what goes into getting them from the earth to you!
Be sure and order your next floral bouquet from Eden Florist.
In France young unmarried people as well as older unmarried people would go into houses facing each other and start calling out across from one window to another, pairing off with the one they have chosen. If the young man didn’t fancy his valentine he would desert her and as a result afterwards a bonfire would be lit where the young ladies would burn images of the young man and would yell out abuse as she burnt the image of the young man.
In Germany women plant onions in pots, giving each a man’s name and placing them near the fireplace. The first sprouting onion is the husband-to-be.
In Japan downtown Tokyo department stores sell elegantly wrapped chocolates, but the candy buyers are all women. In Japan women are expected to give men chocolates. On Feb. 14, office ladies, known as OLs in Japanese, buy giri chocos — obligation chocolates — for their bosses. If a woman is interested in someone, she lets him know by giving honmei chocolates “true feeling gifts,” which bear romantic messages.
In Italy Valentine’s Day is celebrated as a Spring Festival and his held in the open air. The young would gather in leafy glades or ornamental gardens, where they would listen to music and hear poetry read, then they would stroll off with their valentine together into the gardens. In Turin it was once customary for an engaged couple to announce their engagement on this day. For a while before the day shops would be decorated and filled with all sorts of bon-bons. In Rome St Valentine’s Day in known as Lupercalia – a very romantic and pleasure-loving occasion. Order your Valentine Flowers Early!
(Pictured: The Pinks Are Hot)