“Nursing is a work of heart…” Unknown
- There are most visits to emergency rooms during the warmer months of the year.
- 33 percent of all people in the U. S. who come to emergency rooms with injury-related wounds areMen and women between the ages of 25 and 44.
- The first nursing school in history dates back to 250 B.C. and was located in India.
- The first school for nursing in the U.S. was New England Hospital for Women and Children, (EST.1862).
- Around nine million children visit emergency rooms in the U.S. each year due to injuries.
- There are more nurses than any other workers in the health profession.
“It is one of the beautiful compensations of this life that no one can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.” Charles Dudley Warner
To all the nurses around the globe who every day selflessly help others, Happy Nurses Week!