Did you know how Mother’s Day is celebrated in different parts of the world? Read below to find out some interesting facts about Mom’s the world over. And remember to order your special Mom FLOWERS early! You can order online or in person and you can us at: 954-981-5515 or 800-966-3336. Be sure to order early for best selection and preferred delivery times.
• Chinese family names are often formed (begin) with a sign that means “mother”. It’s a nice way of honoring their moms long past.
• The ancient Greeks celebrated Mother’s Day in spring, like we do. They used to honor Rhea, “mother of the gods” with honey-cakes and fine drinks and flowers at dawn. Sounds like the beginnings of the Mother’s Day tradition of breakfast in bed!
• Mother Shipton was a Prophetess in Britain 500 years ago. She could see the future, and predicted that another Queen Elizabeth would sit on the throne of England. (QE II)
• Japan’s Imperial family trace their descent from Omikami Amaterasu, the Mother of the World.
• Julia Ward Howe wrote the Battle Hymm of the Republic and was a staunch fighter for women’s rights. She staged an unusual protest for peace in Boston, by celebrating a special day for mothers. Julia wanted to call attention to the need for peace by pointing out mothers who were left alone in the world without their sons and husbands after the bloody Franco-Prussian War.
• Hindu scripture credits the Great Mother, Kali Ma, with the invention of writing through alphabets, pictographs and beautiful sacred images.
Mother’s Week is May 5-11 and Mother’s Day is May 11th. Remember Mom with flowers! Call Eden Florist at 954-981-5515 or visit our website at www.EdenFlorist.com. Order Early!